northern lights

northern lights
image

Friday 25 October 2013

Nonet

      I read about a nonet poem and felt very excited. It is a nine lines' poem.The lines may be in a descending order ie.9 to 1 words in a line , with the same number of syllables. In the ascending order the poem  has 1 to 9   words. This is just an attempt.

  The first one is a nonet on home. Who does not like ones own house.?                                      


A home of my dreams is no more dream.
Its my   haunt, nest, refuge, lair  den.
Its  very look makes my eyes gleam.
A wish fulfilled,its the best.
Here we lead happy hours,
The lil  ones chirping
Sing, dance, play.
All day.
Home.



The second nonet is a scene from a garden  near our house.

 Garden
 Green grass
 Trees all round.
 Jovial kids playing. 
 Men have brisk walk.
 Women busy in home gossip.
 Saints  on mike talk to crowd.
 Yoga learners raise one voice hahaha.
 Political  leader  busy,address election  rally.



 




 

23 comments:

  1. wow! that's lovely! that's a new thing I learnt! i also want to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you .princess. I also heard about it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are nice but I liked the garden.It captured in real the big park at Pascim Vihar where I walked daily.It brought back fond memories and I hear that hahaha too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KP. Your words of appreciation mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. This is challenging but you did it perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.Such encouraging comments are inspiring.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Amrit, for your words of encouragement.

      Delete
  5. That was quite a challenge, usha. Kudos....:0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Panchali.Such sweet comments are inspiring.

      Delete
  6. Home and garden are two of my most favorite places in the world :) Loved your verses Ushaji, it is quite a tough pattern to write for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reshma.Your sweet comments made my day.

      Delete
  7. Nice & innovative structure for a poem. Must try this sometime, myself.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rajesh. Trying something new is always challenging.

      Delete
  8. A very nice ode to home. And the second one so vivid - I had a view of a maidan and all its comings and goings. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy Your sweet words have made my day.

      Delete
    2. Nonet? rhymes with sonnet:) never heard before. You have written beautiful and meaningful nonets.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Asha. I feel encouraged by your sweet comments.

      Delete
  9. Pure joy in expressions. You have weaved words of reminiscence :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sunita. Such sweet comments are really encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Nonet (s). There is no place like home and garden as the abode of comfort:)
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/nonet-music-and-comforting-notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vishal. Glad you liked my first attempt.

      Delete