northern lights

northern lights
image

Saturday 2 August 2014

Ganesha's blessings

  Hello friends, like you I have also taken a plunge.I am now a Write Tribe Pro-Blogger.I hope that I will be able to write one blog everyday. I believe in Lord Ganesha. He has always been with me. I start  my first post invoking Him  to give me the courage and strength  to complete this new challenge  by providing me the ideas  to contribute one blog every day.

                                                         

A rare picture of Ganesha at rest
 Ganesha is the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati.  Have you ever wondered why  Ganesha has the head of an elephant ! Well there is a very interesting story related to this. Parvati was going to take bath.
She directed her son, Ganesha, to ensure that nobody enters her mansion, while she was in her bath. Ganesha, an obedient son, stood at the entrance to obey his mother's order. While he was on guard duty, Lord Shiva arrived. As he was about to enter the mansion, Ganesha did not permit Him to go inside. All requests,entreaties and orders failed to have any effect on Ganesha.  Out of anger, Shiva cut the head of Ganesha.  Parvati heard the commotion and came out. She was shocked to see her son headless. She shrieked,"Who has done this?" Shiva told her that he had made Ganesha headless, as he did  not permit  him to enter her mansion.Parvati became hysterical. Parvati  screamed that she wanted her son  alive. Shiva ordered his bodyguards to leave the place. He told them that they should cut the head of any living being, whom they see first. The body guards left. The first living being that they saw was an elephant. They brought the  head  of the elephant. Shiva, then joined the elephant's head on Ganesha. The father also blessed his son that in any religious ceremony or  the beginning of a new task Ganesha will be the first one to be worshipped.
\


Written in response to Write Tribe Pro Blogger post day 1




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Mam!! What a great way to start the challenge. God bless :)

    Please Support me @the all new Food Blog- somethingiscooking.com

    Visit me taleoftwotomatoes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shalini for such sweet comments.

      Delete
  2. I knew this story but reading it brings back sweet memories of my maternal grandma narrating the story in the ancestral house. I love mythology and so does my son. Thank you Usha maam for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kalpana.Happy to know that you like mythology.You can tell your son many more gems from mythology.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post on Ganesha. I am a huge fan of him and in one of my UBC, I dedicated lines to him as the hero...the vanquisher of worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vishal. I am a great admirer of Ganesha. Glad to know that He is your hero too.

      Delete
  4. SOmething that i learnt new today.. thank you

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Bikram.Good you learit today.

    ReplyDelete