northern lights

northern lights
image

Saturday 7 February 2015

Squeamish


Right from  childhood  I am wary of lizards. This harmless creature gives me goosebumps.The more I try to move away from them, the more they seem to  tease me. Sometimes it is a game of hide and seek between this.
Last week, a lizard,fat one, gave me a real surprise. At midnight I felt very cold, and opened the almirah to take an additional blanket. Lo and behold, the moment I opened the almirah, something jumped on my  head!!  From nowhere a big, fat lizard had fallen on my head. I felt SQUEAMISH and started shrieking. OMG, I was still half asleep,which vanished  instantly.My husband got up with a bang. he thought  that I had  a fall. He rushed to me and started laughing. All  the family members heard the commotion and within seconds our bedroom was resounding with  laughter. I felt foolish. The 'poor' lizard  must have shuddered. In no time, it just disappeared!

no. of words around 130.
Written in response to  BAR, weekly prompt, 'Wordless Wednesday'# 3 and the word is''Squeamish''

This week’s prompt comes from B-A-R member, writer and blogger, Aditi Kaushiva who blogs here.


BAR_WW_Badege










14 comments:

  1. Oh my Usha! To have a lizard land on your head, no wonder you felt squeamish and shrieked! I would have too: I do not like lizards either. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Elly.Iwritr fiction occassionally.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! I had over-worked and was stressed out. This incident of yours, made me laugh into tears.
    Now, imagine this. When the lizard fell on you and with fear if you had fallen in the arms of Mr.Menon, how romantic it would have been. Anyways, it's Valentine time.

    Love it +Usha Menon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....poor you! I am squeamish about lizards, too. Once, I had one jumping at me when I tried to pull the curtains. Since that day, I am extra cautious when I stand near the curtains.
    Amusing post, Usha ji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizards!! yeekkk.. That word makes me go crazy. This happened to me some years ago. It was a holday that day and I finished bath and came out of my pooja room. My right foot without any mercy had stamped this lizard on path way(ofourse!! it was unknowingly). The sound was like pachak!!. eww! after closer look it was this poor creature with its tongue spewed outside. I never forget that instance. The whole day I never ate anything. Even now, I feel awkward thinking about it. The tail got separated from the body and was doing its dance.then i felt squeamish. After this day, If I see a lizard I imagine that it will pass away and try to go in the opposite direction after some time I will come back to see if that that has really gone. And most of the times, I will think opposite to the feelings that may come up in my mind. Like, for an above instance, I will think of it never happened or it was just a dream.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Neeraj. It is a very repulsive sight of seeing a lizard dying. . I got goosebumps after reading your adventure with a lizard.

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot, Shilpa.Lizards love hiding behind curtains. It is very scary.

      Delete
  4. Geez, ushajee...I also find lizards very creepy and till date have not been able to accept them.

    Glad you were ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruchira. They are such repulsive creatures, no one can like them.

      Delete
  5. Yikes! I'm not squeamish of lizards -- but would prefer that they did NOT jump on my head unexpectedly.

    Fun write ---

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Cifar, they are very repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have fainted. I am petrified of lizards. They are really eeky.

    ReplyDelete